Tuesday 11 September 2007

A new course, a new assignment, or two....

This week we received our first assignments (which are combined into one). I didn’t know what to expect for it but I feel that as a first assignment, it seems fairly straight forward, although I was surprised to how much time we were given to complete it, and found it was very generous. I was worried at first about the amount of writing we had to do, the assignment has to be between 1.5k to 2.5k words. I am still worried, but now im worried that I will go over the given amount.


The assignment itself is to create a website plan of a famous Britton, we were given a list of around 200 people, but I immediately found who I wanted to the assignment about.


I chose the most famous Slapstick artist ever; Charlie Chaplin, I chose him because he is one of the funniest people of all time and his shenanigans have always made me laugh.


I also had my first seminar today, id never been to one before, so I dint know what to expect. We were split into groups of 4, and were given last years sketchbooks to look through, I was looking at the sketches that they had done for the site template.

Im so relived that the sketches aren’t as artistic as I though because, well, I am terrible at drawing. We also went over the first part of our assignment which was the goals, it was good to see what goals other people had done, but it made me feel small, knowing the fact that it took me ages think of a goal of my own.


There is a lot of research involved in this task, and this morning I was struggling to find some of my own website goals, and it took me longer than I thought, which is never good and I'm still not happy with the list I have, so I will have to do more research into this when I get home.


The best part of this week for me is probably receiving the first assignment, because I enjoy challenges, and over the summer it has being very boring, I feel it’s good to be “back in the saddle” so to speak.


My targets for the rest of the week are:

  1. Think of more “Goals” for the first part of the assignment
  2. Complete the “Target Audience” section of the Assignment
  3. Continue “Scrapbook” Work
  4. Start “Delivery Requirements”

No comments: