Tuesday 18 September 2007

Time sheet troubles

I’m in a spot of bother with Steve at the moment, I was in my first tutorial with him today and he noticed I haven’t being filling in my time sheets properly, I was supposed to fill in the “Production Schedule” at the beginning of last week, and I had only filled in the first box.


Steve said I was cheating and told me to write about it in my “Online Learning Journal” and from now on to write it in at the beginning of the Assignment. He also sent out an email last week and we agreed to reply to it with 48 hours, I checked my emails everyday except Friday night and Saturday. And guess what, he sent it Friday night. Typical....


Anyway, we were given a library tour on Monday, well when I say a tour I mean sitting at computers and briefly viewing the policies and being told how the printer works, this is all good information, but we were told it would last for an hour. In fact it lasted exactly 14 minutes, so I was rather confused about that, as was everyone else.


Someone from the financial department came in today, I explained to her that I had sent off my letter to them and had not yet received my grant. I'm now starting to get worried about this, so I have being told to phone up and ask them when I will get it, kind of push them along, so that is in my to-do list.


Throughout the week I have being rather busy, I had to go back and edit my “Project Goals” because I didn’t feel that some of them were relevant. I also have to edit the “Target audience”, and it is still ongoing.


Although fortunately, I have completed most of the “Delivery Requirements” task, I still need to find statistics to backup my assumption of what percentage of people aged 45 – 60 use the internet and I also have to research scripting languages like XHTML and CSS.


At the moment I have wrote approximately 1000 words in the assignment, and I’m not even half way through it yet so I’m rather pleased about that.


Conclusion


Overall I believe I have done well this week and think that the punishment I received off Steve was uncalled for… Only kidding.


My main targets for the rest of the week are as follows:

  • Complete the first three tasks of the assignment
  • Develop Scrapbook
  • Complete weekly time sheet
  • Complete SWOT Analysis
  • Develop skills in Photoshop and Dreamweaver
  • Phone Student Finance


2 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

When your researching scripting languages don't forget to find out about the different versions of them and which version you will need to use.

Webomatic said...

I also don’t no much about HTML code & other forms of code, however the delicious site has good tutorials that you can easily follow, these help you get used to the code, I’m still struggling to understand the concept of all the different computer languages. If you need the web link for delicious and other usefull links visit my blog, or some of the second years as they have the same links.