Tuesday 23 October 2007

Half Term

This Journal entry is to basically keep up with what I have done over the past week and what I intend to do over the half term week. I have downloaded the A3 – Back to BASICS document, read through it and have began to compile a list of questions that I can ask Steve about. One thing I will have to read up on is Coding language, e.g. CSS because I have no I idea how to use it.

I was relived about the assignment being handed in, and I know that everyone is nervous about getting the results, ill admit I am, there were some things that I could have made better if I had the time, and in future I will be sure to save some time if I ever need it.

Throughout last week I played about with Photoshop, because in the last assignment I could have made a better template and I was disappointed with myself about not doing so.

Another thing I must research is Dreamweaver, Ive gotten the basic things figured out but there are still some things I am puzzled about, but I'm sure ill get my head round them, Eventually.

I am also preparing myself for the reading week next week, I am anxious to find out what kind of task Steve will be giving us.

10 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

I’m anxious as well, about what Steve has in plan for us. Let’s hope it’s not as bad as what we’re all expecting.

It’s good that you’re learning how to use new programs. That’s what I’m going to do in the holiday’s.

Thomas Wealthy said...

The results are getting nearer and I am getting more nervous! I would like to know straight away whether I referred or passed.

I also have been playing around with some software this week and have also through the assignment. What do you think are the main differences between this assignment and A2?

Tom Smith said...

Tom, I'd say the biggest difference is having to write the content for the site!

I'm also anticipating that we'll have to build the site for assignment A4.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hey Everyone

I am trying to drum up some interest in my most recent journal entry.

The focus of this is the third paragraph and Steve's comments regarding it.

I would really appreciate it if people could leave a comment showing how they feel about the situation and any possible solutions.

http://shaunbellis.blogspot.com/2007/10/much-welcomed-break.html

--
Thank you for your time and support

Shaun Bellis.

James Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Bell said...

I think it is a good idea that you are learning both the software side and the coding side as this is something that will really help you later on.

I have also been researching CSS as I have only used it on a very basic level before.

Gary Benn said...

Steve is so mysterious about things like this. I need to get going! with the work that it!

Dreamweaver stunned me also. I have always used notepad to do all my website stuff, in either html or php, i am shocked on how complicated dreamweaver actually is. But hopefully Steve said we were going to get some tutorials on it for this unit.

Andrew said...

I too tried to research more into the language code side, it will help us alot down the line when it comes to actually building the website, a strong grasp would save alot of time.

Definately try and keep using these programs, its a very useful tool to understand these well.

Chris Towell said...

It may be surprising but I have hardly used the design view of Dreamweaver on this course so far.

@Greg - I like to code it in Notepad for example, but mainly I only use the code view in Dreamweaver or Split view if I want to see what the page looks like.

I, and some of my peers, have found that Dreamweaver can 'lie' sometimes and what you see in the Design view isn't what you get when you F12 it (or preview in browser if you're not sure about shortcut keys).

It is a nice bit of software, it does what it says it does the only problem is the price. Although I guess it looks better when the price includes Flash, Photoshop etc as a Suite.

It isn't hard to find tutorials in CSS or using Dreamweaver, XHTML etc. You will find that the more you code the faster it 'clicks'.

Chris Towell said...

@Tom - We never actually built the site for the first assignment if A4 is what I'm thinking it is it has very little to do with building websites and more to do with PhotoShop. (But this is going on what we did for A4 which I didn't like to start with but loved towards the end.)