Tuesday 20 November 2007

Restoration Proclamation

Monday morning was rather similar to last Monday, I had just put my foot in the door when I was asked If I had wrote up the notes that I had missed last week, unfortunately I had been busy all week doing my referral work, A2 and A3. So I was sent to the library to write them up. I was followed by the same group of people that were with me last week.

We in the library for the remainder of the morning, this is because we only had one sketchbook to copy from, and there were 6 of us. So one half took the book and copied the notes while the other half of us write out time sheets, I also began to write my delivery requirements in my sketchbook. Half got it done for just after break, the rest of us were stuck there doing it till lunchtime.

In the afternoon I continued my A3 assignment and managed to get most of the deliver requirements out of the way. And as usual our group had a seminar session with John Munday; we talked about problems and such.

Today was a completely different day, this morning Steve gave a seminar on Image restoration; he explained how to use certain tools in Photoshop that could help us do this easily. I'm glad he did this because this is really the first time I have used Photoshop for something like this.

After the seminar, the group were given the image that we had to restore and add colour to, from what I understand it’s the same photo from last year, I’m guessing the year before that as well.

For the duration of the morning I practiced using the tools in Photoshop, it seemed easy enough and I enjoyed it.

In the afternoon it was time to knuckle down, but before that we had a seminar group with Steve, for this seminar we all needed Projects goals, Target Audience, Delivery requirements and Competitive analysis for A3. Steve went over with us what he expected, I had most of it, I just need to add some technologies to the Delivery Requirements.

After seminar I got on with the image restoration task, I found it is quite frustrating when something goes wrong, because you can only go back so far, I had to scrap it and restart several times through out the afternoon but I eventually managed to get the hang off it.

These are the tasks I must complete thought the rest of the week:

  • Email Steve when applicable
  • Complete A2 referral Work
  • Comment blogs
  • Write on DAS Forum
  • Get first version of image done.
  • Continue web plan


Also I urge people to add to the “Send Gary on a Plane to London” Fund. Because were all common according to him.

6 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

I know what you mean by getting frustrated when restoring the picture. It was my first time using Photoshop as well and I don’t know which tool to use for what yet, but some people out of the group have been using online tutorials to help them, which I think is a good idea and I am going to try.

Tom Smith said...

I advise you to save your work often when using Photoshop. Obviously it has a lot of processing power, but can only remember the changes you have made so far back. Ctrl Z (undo) can't be relied on all the time!

Mark Torrington said...

I have to agree to disagree with you Tom. I agree that Photoshop uses plenty of processing power, however if you select the (history palette) located in (Windows) from the top menu bar, you will be able to go back all the way to the start.

Gary Benn said...

well If you hate me that much I may come on the train after all! May I sit next to you? nah why would I want to do that? I can be much more annoying when I'm sat behind ya!

Hard luck about last monday. As you can see its a slippery slope, if you fall once then your off to the bottom as it will happen every week, and i don't know about you but I cant just learn efficiently from notes!

Have you copied this week's up or do you need a copy? Let me know and ill email them!

Webomatic said...

Hi Liam

Yes the image restoration takes some time and it can be frustrating at times when you colour pixels in the wrong colour and do not realize until you zoom out. Like Gary said it’s a slippery slope, make sure that you have last weeks notes down for this week. Also if you get stuck, visit www.dasforum.co.uk.. Also about the Gary comment, compared to him we are common (lol), he is a good guy though he just doesn’t like “common means of transportation” I don’t mind it but that’s because I’m “COMMON”

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.