Tuesday 4 December 2007

Referal Feedback

On Monday, the people who had referred (Including Me) were asked go in as usual, but the rest were not to come in till 10.30.


It started off really tense, everyone was dreading the result, and by the look on Steve's face we all knew it was bad. To begin with he asked us a simple question, "if we were given a list of basic instructions, how many could we memorise?” most of use said 4, but there was a small variation.


At first I was a bit confused to why he said this, he went on to talk about referencing and asked us to reference 10 books, in the way we did it in the assignment. So we all did, and low and behold we were all wrong, I then realized why he had asked the question.


Throughout that part of the morning we were being reminded how to set out a reference properly, which was embarrassing, because I should have known this, and memorised it.


At the beginning of the afternoon I was give my personal feedback, I had being dreading this for the past week, and from this morning’s session, that feeling of dread had quadrupled.


As soon as I walked in, Steve asked me a question, “do you want the good news or the bad news?” for obvious reasons I wanted the bad news first, what was that I failed a unit. The good news on the other hand was that I had passed one.


This really confused me, but as he explained I realise that the assignment was split into 2 units. I was overwhelmed, I had expected to total fail but I didn’t, and what the best part is, I can redo it in A3. So in actual fact this is a second chance.


Today we started the new section of A4, which was the creation of 2 static Web Banners; to begin with Steve decided to put a little tension in the room and timed us to do some designs for some “Jazz” artists.


We first started off by doing 4 designs in 6 minutes, which was ok, but the time began to steadily go down, it was 4 designs in 1 minute. This was very intense but also good practice. It was a bit like Marmite, some people liked it, some hated it.


I will be uploading one of my sketches on a new post later this week and would appreciate feedback.


During the afternoon we had our weekly seminar groups with Steve, we were all around the same stage as each other which was good.


And throughout the rest of the afternoon I was developing some prototype banners; I have made a couple of attempts so far and will continue to make more.


Things to do this week:


* Referencing!
* Complete Assets list
* Comment on Journals
* Email Steve
* Complete at least one final banner (both if possible)
* Amend Structure Diagram
* Complete Screen Designs

4 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

Well done for passing the A2 unit, even though there was a lot of work to do when we had to do the referral work, I am kind of clad I had to do it, as I learnt to correct the mistakes I made, so hopeful I won’t do the same errors again.

Webomatic said...

Hi All

As Vicky has said its good to learn from mistakes. On a side note at least now we know how to reference properly. We did before but forgot. I think the banner task was good my self giving little time to complete a task helps you do things more efficiantly.

John Browne said...

Congratulations on passing 1 of the units. I also read through martyns comments. Well done on getting the books sorted out...

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.