Tuesday 26 February 2008

The Finishing Touches

Its the final week before hand in, I’m feeling very confident this time, if I push myself this week I will be able to have everything done by Friday.


Monday morning was basically “Get on with it” time, I used this time to re-compress the website images, this is because it was stated in usability forms that the content was ether squashed or blurry. I managed to get a lot done within the first hour then after break I decided to take some more screen shots of my beta site, after this I removed it so it wasn’t taking any space up on the web server.


In the afternoon I continued with the image compression for the website, once I had done this I uploaded it, ready for Steve to test it.


Steve gave a lot of useful feedback, he told me to use CSS to animate the buttons, he also told me to center the site, to see if it gave it a better look, but by far the biggest task was to redo the banner, ill admit it was a pretty terrible banner.


Steve showed me a few tricks in Photoshop that I could use to blend the keyboard image into the background, I used this and I can honestly say my site looks a lot better now that it did last week.


There are still a few things to sort out, for instance validation, I have found it very difficult to validate the site in XHTML 1.0 Strict, and so I may change it to transitional. I also have to change the layout of the text to make it look neater and I still have a few images to compress and replace on the website.


Today began with more “Get on with it” time, which I used to edit my presentation, I change the background colour and the image I was using, and I also edited the page layout.


The second half of the morning was a timed task, this one was to create a newspaper tabloid about Jonathan Gee, and I found this task was by far the easiest, so I took my time with it, made sure I got everything right. I handed it in 5 minutes before the deadline.


In seminar groups Steve went over what was needed for next weeks hand in, and gave a brief insight to what was in store for the last assignment.


The rest of the afternoon has consisted of changing the presentation and adding the Type anatomy slides.


Note: I will be uploading my presentation in a PDF, I would appreciate feedback please.


Task for this week:


  • A5: Validation test, Evaluation
  • A6: Finish Presentation and practice

1 comment:

Michelle Bonfield said...

I had to change me pages to Transitional too as I was finding it impossible to validate strict in the short time before the deadline.

However, don't just rely on everything being fine in transitional, I still had a fair bit of fiddling around to do. So don't leave it till last minute!