Tuesday 15 April 2008

Covering it

First of all I would like to say that I did not upload my images last week because the text kept disappearing off the page when the document was converted to an image, just thought I would let you all know.


This week has been a get on with it week, and I must say it’s been a very productive week too.


On Monday I mainly got on with my logo designs, I developed 2 sheets one was full of picture and text logos, the other was full of just image logos, these can be seen below:


I feel that these we not my best designs, I was just mainly playing about with the shapes, trying to get a unique look.


The text and Picture logos were in my opinion the best of the bunch, there were 2 certain designs that I liked, top middle and bottom middle, here are the 2 main designs that I chose yesterday:


I also received my referral feedback for the timed tasks, I need to redesign the Main task and tweak the others.


Today I started to get on with my CD Cover designs, my initial design was a scene in space, with a planet and a nebula, my sketches were horrific but when I decided to put it on the computer I looked up some tutorials and in the morning developed a space scene, I’m not happy with it but I’m going to attempt it again.



During today’s seminar groups Steve told me the reality that the logos were not suitable for this assignment, he has told me to use the original E symbol and use different fonts for the Emit text, these are my first ideas, and feedback is appreciated.


Tasks for the rest of the week:

* Complete timed task referral
* More logo designs
* At least 2 cover designs
* Preflight plan Work
* Buy new sketchbook

6 comments:

Tom Smith said...

From those designs, my favoured is the 2nd one you developed. However, I think I preferred the one from last week when it was based on a circle. I think this was just more simple and clean. Although I guess I do like the abstract nature of the new ones.

I quite like the idea of a space kind of scene for the CD artwork, but it definitely need a reworking from the one you've posted. Maybe consider using stock photos of space and just tweaking them in Photoshop.

Liam Corfield said...

yeah, ive been told by steve that stock photo are the way to to, possibly the creation of a montage.

im unsure yet though.

Andrew said...

I think with some development the 2nd one you've developed could really work, but at the moment it lacks some overall finish.. which is because you haven't really developed it far enough. If you neatened the lines up and made things abit more presentable I'd actually prefer it to the origina l font one of the circle.

I think given your Photoshop experience, the route of using a stock image to render a montage or some kind of manipulation are definitely the ways to go. Keep researching some tutorials to give you these skills and add eye catching elements the cover.

Liam Corfield said...

Ive just realised. the images on the post are not showing most of the designs, uploading the images must have doen something to them, ill try to sort it out and post them on another entry.

John Browne said...

Progressing well Liam, and still playing around to find that unique E.

Its a shame these designs aren't appropriate for the assignment as im realy liking the blue one on the first set of uploads.

Im not sure of the music you are listening to but might it be possible to stear away from the space theme, and possibly relating it to something a little more down to earth.

James Bell said...

The second design is defiantly my favourite of the two.

I do think that the word emit would need to be incorporated into the logo or placed under the symbol as the brand is not strong enough to rely on a symbol only.