Thursday 11 October 2007

And so i face, the final curtain

The end of the assignment is drawing near, this time next week it will all be over, I’m relived I must say but the week I’m going to push my self to the limits.


Over the past couple of weeks I feel I’ve been stressed a lot more than I usually am, I’m getting the work done but I keep finding mistakes.


For example, I received feedback of Steve earlier and I found that I have various things missing and that the format for my work is completely wrong. I have a lot to this week, and I know that I’m going to be up all hours doing it.


One of my main problems for this week is my tables I have created, I’ve done them completely wrong, I've drawn them using a box and lines but in InDesign there is a table tool which I have only just today discovered. I should really learn to read things more.


Yesterday we had our weekly seminar group with John, our task for last week was to do a checklist of the tasks that we were doing last week, but we had to break it down, I did this, but didn’t word process it, so that is one of my tasks to do for this week, I must also make an index for my sketchbook, which will be easier for Steve to find my work for the assignment.


I’ve had to go into the library and get another book and use it to reference a couple of the things I’ve missed. I wish I had gotten this book earlier, it has the entire web plan mapped out at the beginning of the book, I think if I had gotten it earlier I would have has this assignment done by now.


Although I have found I still have quite a bit to do, I see no reason what I should not have the full assignment finished by Tuesday, if not Monday.


Here is a list of the Task I need to do this week:


  • Create Tables properly
  • Reference FTP
  • Find more Paper-based references
  • Format the assignment in accordance with the handbook
  • Recreate Budget Statement
  • Reference the Sketchbook
  • Buy tabs for binder
  • Find the HEX Information for the colours used in the screen designs
  • Hand in the completed assignment on Tuesday morning

2 comments:

Thomas Wealthy said...

I'm looking forward to finishing the first assignment as well. Hopefully I will pass and that will take a lot of pressure away.

James Bell said...

I think there will a big sigh of relief from everyone when we hand in our first assignment on Tuesday.

Any chance you could post the name of the book you talk about in your entry as it sounds really useful.